BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce , named a "Best Place to Work" in Australia 2020, makes quality a cornerstone of our software development and delivery philosophy. Every day, we’re trusted to handle tens of millions of dollars of transactions through our platform. To continue to improve, we’re looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, with strong experience in agile testing and test automation, to join our team, focused on iteratively improving the Payment experience. You’ll work closely with software engineers, UI designers and product managers to define stories, acceptance scenarios and test plans/cases that improve software quality. Ideal candidates will come from a strong business / technical background and have the ability to understand complex business requirements and how technology can help achieve them.
What You'll Do
- Work with a product manager to define features, acceptance scenarios and test cases
- Advocate for customer experience through consistency and simplicity
- Work with engineers to ensure test cases are reflected in code and automated tests
- Identify opportunities to use end to end tests to provide greater value and confidence around software
- Evaluate and improve test harness
- Contribute code that directly fosters code testability and the release of quality software
- Identify relevant quality metrics for the team like error rates and thresholds
- Investigate defects and produce minimum viable test cases to reproduce them.
- Support frequent deployments to production
- Help foster a culture of pride and obsession around delivering quality software
Who You Are
- You’re passionate about the quality and integrity of software experiences
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- You can empathise with and advocate for users
- You have great communication skills and can help facilitate meetings, discovery sessions, story writing and documentation
- You have experience with automated test frameworks like Selenium, Cypress, PHPUnit, jUnit, RSpec, etc and understand their relative pros and cons
- You have experience testing APIs using Postman, SoapUI, etc.
- You thrive working in an agile environment where individuals and interactions matter more than process
- You like to take initiative, have a sense of urgency and a bias to get stuff done.
Other crucial skills:
- Have an excellent ability to communicate and coordinate
- Will speak up when something doesn’t feel right with constructive feedback
- Ability to identify application weaknesses and bad practices
- Have excellent problem solving, critical thinking and debugging skills
- Question everything, always