BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an exciting full-time opportunity for someone like you!
BigCommerce, is seeking a Technical Program Manager (located in Austin) to work on a geographically distributed Growth Optimization program of work.
Our global PMO, leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute our global roadmap.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive a program with multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on-time.
- Have overall responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to assigned program/projects and overall roadmap
- Manage daily activities of scope management, program/project, and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, budget burndown, dependencies, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects/programs.
- Coordinate all of the cross-functional communication for a program from Kickoff through General Availability. Own the Go To Market process end-to-end and ensure all of the right stakeholders are in the loop and aware of the work expected of them.
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day.
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience in web technologies, as a technical project/program manager leading medium to large software development projects/programs in distributed teams.
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of PMBOK project/program management disciplines
- You have experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and G Suite.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.