BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The People M&A/Expansion Integration Manager role reports directly to the Vice President, Talent Acquisition & People Services. The ideal candidate has both experience with and is capable of independently project-managing all M&A and international expansion activities for the People organization. This includes managing multiple work streams and partnering with cross functional partners such as legal, finance, tax and business organizations.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage cross-functional work streams necessary to achieve smooth and efficient integration before, during, and after M&A/expansion activity.
- Develop and manage full lifecycle project management plans for all HR work streams for M&A or global expansion activities including HR technologies, payroll, benefits, talent acquisition, compensation, employee onboarding, HR local compliance, facilities, culture, etc.
- Managing the cross-functional work streams necessary to stand up in-country employment and payrolling capabilities with external strategic partners, establish benefits, implementation of employment agreements and other required statutory employment onboarding documentation.
- Create and maintain strategic playbooks/project plans describing repeatable, scalable processes that support efficient integrations and effective site expansions.
- Build and adhere to budgets for M&A and international expansion activity
- Create and maintain attractive compensation and benefits packages, including motivation and involvement programs within local law/cultural expectations.
- Address and solve potential legal personnel issues
- Create and manage an effective integration programs for acquired entities
- Manage major events around M&A and expansion activities
- Constantly manage work stream prioritization across teams, communicating status risks, changes of program milestones, etc. to senior business leaders
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience with M&A and global expansion activities including 5+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Strong experience in strategic program management
- Knowledge of and experience in International laws and regulations, including Human Resources regulations
- Extensive experience in preparing presentations and communications for executive leadership (Powerpoint skills a must)
- Strong skill set with MS Project or Smartsheet
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, is required; an MBA is a plus
- Experience in SaaS or the tech sector is strongly preferred, as well as previous experience with global expansion initiatives
- Demonstrated experience and comfort facilitating and owning all aspects of large cross-functional activities
- Strong business acumen and organizational agility a must
- Proven ability to influence without authority up, down, and across an organization
- Willing to dive into tactical situations to find what works before we scale a solution; able to balance speed with attention to detail, and be able to deliver results
- Maintain a continuous-improvement attitude; able to seek out and implement internal or external best practices, to problem-solve in ambiguous situations, and to thoughtfully earn trust
- Exceptionally driven with a insatiable curiosity for business improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with cross-cultural sensitivity and capability to communicate across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in standard office software, G-Suite is a plus
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential matters