BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Conversion Rate Optimization Manager. Our ideal candidate is a technically savvy, data-driven marketer with experience in growth methodologies, testing frameworks and the marketing technology stack. Passionate and relentlessly focused on conversion optimization for scalable revenue growth with a track record of consistently exceeding goals. This role will help drive many key top of funnel and mid-funnel CRO initiatives, including executing conversion strategies, A/B testing and improvements to meet and exceed business revenue goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to development and evolution of CRO strategy, identifying opportunities across the marketing website and product onboarding experience.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, sales, design, and product to identify and prioritize conversion opportunities and work cross-functionally on execution of optimization efforts.
- Responsible for top-of-funnel digital conversion optimization execution and performance reporting including trial signup, lead generation forms, demos, chatbot playbooks.
- Responsible for mid-funnel conversion optimization execution and performance reporting including trial experience, web personalization, and checkout optimizations.
- Monitor and report on key metrics across different marketing channels, different buyer segments, and different parts of the customer journey.
- Manage intake of A/B testing hypothesis from marketing and product stakeholders.
- Deliver results without biases across teams and business units for continuous feedback loop and utilize prior results to drive future initiatives. Update benchmarks and results to share with proper stakeholders.
- Proactively inform the marketing team on what's being tested, why, and expected results.
- Build experiments in Optimizely and coordinate with the engineering team for the development of more complex experiments.
- Coordinate the implementation of winning experiments in the CMS with the web publishing team.
Who You Are:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Design, CS, or similar field.
- 5+ years of highly successful online marketing experience in software or ecommerce
- Technically Experienced
- A/B testing (eg. Optimizely, Google Optimize)
- Personalization (Optimizely, Dynamic Yield, Proof, Adobe Target)
- Analytics (eg. Amplitude, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MixPanel)
- User testing (eg. TryMyUI, UserTesting.com, Hotjar, surveys)
- CMS (eg. Craft, WordPress)
- CRM (eg. Salesforce, Marketo)
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills
- Hands on experience with Adwords, Facebook Ads
- HTML, CSS, JS knowledge preferred
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Psychology - Interest in human psychology and how different psychological triggers work together.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing channels and tests affect people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Technically Savvy
- Delivering Results
- Ability to Execute
- Attention to Detail
- Collaborative with Cross-Functional Teams
- Process Oriented
- Proactively Communicative
- Desire to Learn & Test
- Hungry & Self-Directed