BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
In our continued pursuit for quality improvement, we’re looking for a full-time Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong experience in agile testing and test automation. By joining this team, you will be helping to take our platform to the next level by building the necessary Tools to ensure quality functionality for our merchants to manage their products across multiple sales channels.
You’ll also work closely with software engineers, UI designers, and product managers to define stories, acceptance scenarios, create tooling, test plans/cases and advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a product manager to define features, acceptance scenarios, and test cases.
- Advocate for customer experience through consistency and simplicity
- Work with engineers to ensure test cases are reflected in code and automated tests
- Identify opportunities to use end to end tests to provide greater value and confidence around software
- Advocate for practices and tools that promote quality, and employ the testing pyramid
- Identify relevant quality metrics for the team like error rates and thresholds
- Help foster a culture of pride and obsession around delivering quality software.
Who are you:
- At least 4+ years experience in software development with a heavy focus on quality
- BS/MS degree in CS, SWE, CE, EE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- A passion for the quality and integrity of software experiences
- An understanding of the business and technical needs of feature development and can help product managers and engineers make decisions that deliver quality features
- Great communication skills and can help facilitate meetings, discovery sessions, story writing and documentation.
- Experience with automated test frameworks and reporting with Scalatest, Mockito, or Allure, etc.
- Used tooling for continuous integration like CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience testing APIs using Postman, BloomRPC, etc.
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided