BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are seeking a Senior Strategic Operations Manager to join a team of accomplished operators, analysts, and transformation managers to ideate and implement critical growth initiatives across BigCommerce. The Strategic Operations team is a highly collaborative group of quantitative and qualitative thinkers who play an end-to-end role in consultative engagements for strategy development and execution, involving everything from analysis and planning through implementation and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate is able to quickly build trust with a wide variety of stakeholders and leverage operational expertise to drive change. Leveraging a mix of practical experience, interpersonal skills, financial acumen, SaaS know-how, operational savvy, process improvement, and analytical thinking, this leader will be instrumental in driving decision making and positive organizational change.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with “Strat Ops” peers, Senior Director of Strategy & Analytics, and COO; analyzing data to prioritize the highest leverage engagements to drive BigCommerce’s revenue growth
- Build exceptionally strong partnerships with decision-makers and stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the business, opportunities, and risks
- Leverage business understanding to provide consultative guidance in SaaS/ecommerce economics and BIGC performance to identify opportunities for improvement or investment, establish a vision for the org, and build compelling stories to gain buy-in
- Create financial models and write compelling, action-oriented business cases to support sound investment and expansion strategies
- Author and implement strategic frameworks to build and maintain cross-functional alignment across a variety of teams (Operations, Product & Engineering, Business Development, Sales & Marketing, General & Administrative teams)
- Ensure proven input metrics, control mechanisms, and scalable processes are embedded in the design of strategic initiatives, and that these can be monitored in addition to output metrics via Tableau
- Effectively distill executive presentations, written, and oral communication to drive decisions, thoughtfully tailoring the message to influence persuade diverse stakeholders
- Apply change management principles and risk intuition at all engagement stages to generate buy-in, maintain alignment, drive accountability, and ensure Tableau visibility is adopted
- Apply program management skills and agile principles to mitigate risk to schedule, scope, and resources effectively eliminating roadblocks to drive mitigation plans with positive outcomes
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting, strategy or strategic planning, business operations, or analysis/business intelligence; experience in SaaS or ecommerce is a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Economics)
- Exceptionally driven, insatiable curiosity, continuous improvement attitude; ability to independently seek out and implement internal or external best practices, to problem-solve in ambiguous situations, and to thoughtfully earn trust
- Demonstrated ability to drive comprehensive, disruptive change thoughtfully through an organization with a successful, enduring outcome
- Possess the managerial courage and emotional intelligence to challenge perspectives, provide and request real time feedback, and balance empathy and accountability humbly to maintain trusted cross-functional partnerships
- Problem-solver whose critical thinking skills are adaptable and fungible across many disciplines
- Proven ability to influence without authority up, down, and across the organization and build trust with all levels; analysts through SVPs
- Proven organization and program management skills, including ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment; JIRA and Agile process skills a definite plus
- Deep analytical skills, including financial modeling, experience with Excel and Tableau